Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hilarious!

This was one of the funniest things a kid has ever said to me. First, you have to know this kid. He is somewhat clueless--a daydreamer. He is smart, but sometimes you have to beat him on the head with common sense. That said, here is today's conversation after school:
Shanden: "Hey Mrs. Davies, are you pregnant?"
Me: (chuckle) "Um, what do you think?"
Shanden: "Well, I think yes, but at first I just thought you'd been eating a lot."
Me: "Oh, well, yes, I am pregnant."
Shanden: "Alright, well see ya."
Me: "Bye."

I guess maybe you had to be there to hear his tone and see the expressions on his face, but it was priceless! He was very matter-of-fact and not at all embarrassed to say just what he thought.

2 comments:

The Story of Life said...

I'm sure you hear some of the craziest things from kids at school. That is so funny. Kids have no problem asking whatever is on their mind. Hope you are feeling good!!!!

Katie said...

Wow! That is too funny! I think I know what kind of kid you are talking about. When I was about 26-ish weeks pregnant I had a grown man ask if I was pregnant. I said yes, which I should have sad no to make him feel bad (something tells me that he wouldn't have felt bad though). Anyway, he said, "oh okay, I didn't know if you were pregnant or just one of those girls who gained weight in their stomachs." Honestly, the things some people say! I hope this pregnancy is treating you well!