Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Kneaders" Experience

I had been craving Kneader's french toast for about a month now, but we could never make our way to Provo before 11 am to indulge.  Finally, yesterday we were able to make the journey to the "promised land."  (You can definitely tell I am pregnant because it was such a momentous occasion).  Upon arriving, we discovered that the parking lot was packed.  Uh-oh...when we went inside the line was long, and it was 10 minutes to 11.  I was so worried that I would have to eat a sandwich.  However, when we got to the front of the line, victory was mine--I ordered the french toast without a hitch.  

After ordering, I realized we had an even bigger problem--the seating situation.  Each table was packed with ravenous college students that were coming back for more french toast (did I mention it's all-you-can-eat?).  Every single table inside and outside was taken.  Looking around the room we tried to gauge which group would be the first to leave so we could occupy their table.  At one table there was a lonely guy using his sidekick with a plate fully clean.  He was oblivious to the 8 other customers in our same boat waiting to snatch his table.  Then there were "The Hills" girls who came in and ordered after us who casually snuck into a table in the corner because the were much to important to think of common courtesy.  (I think even Lauren Conrad might have been a little more aware).
Finally, we grabbed the next available table just when our food arrived.  We sat down, and I slowly savored the delicious meal.  It had all been worth the college drama.  Even the petty conversations about how to get the girl to like you without really showing you were truly interested didn't bother me.  It did make me wonder, "Was my circle of awareness ever that small?"  To which I think the answer is yes.  (I'd like to think to a smaller degree), but having a child and another one on the way does make me think of those around me a lot more.  P.S.  The guy by himself was holding a table for his friends who arrived 40 minutes later--when several tables were available.  Good thing he saved them a seat!  :)  I couldn't resist.

2 comments:

The Story of Life said...

It is so funny the cravings you get when you are pregnant. It is like you are a wild animal and you have to have it NOW! I remember sending John to McDonalds to get us food when I was pregnant with Riley. I was the biggest jerk to him because he was taking his sweet time getting out the door and I was STARVING. I kind of flipped out. It was almost an out of body experience. I'm surprised he returned with the food. He was probably too afraid not to.

Brooke said...

OH the joys of pregnancy! Poor Stan, I would send him to get me something specific and then I would call him at least two times to change my order...and if they didn't have what I wanted nothing else was good enough!