Thursday, November 6, 2008

FRUSTRATED!!!

I am so frustrated right now...I just logged on to Facebook, and I started reading comments that some of my "friends" from high school were posting.  Talk about bigotry...of course it was about prop 8.  They adamantly pointed out that 75% of the funding for 8 was by the LDS church.  They went on to say that they were "glad" that our tithing went to a good cause--rather than helping homeless people.  WOW...first off, it is our fast offerings which help those in need.  Secondly, I'm not sure those people have ever donated a dime in their life to any charity.  So, why would they dwell on this?  

Also, the reason why the LDS church donated so much for prop 8 wasn't because the church is against gays having rights.  It is because if prop 8 didn't pass it would infringe on our rights of worship, intrude on our moral beliefs, and force the church to support something that is morally wrong or they would get sued.  
I wanted to write something back immediately because it was pure ignorance I was reading.  But, I knew if I did it would be words against words and useless.  They will never change their beliefs, and I won't change mine.  It just disgusts me how they think that people are so intolerant if they happen to disagree with mainstream media and moral ideals.

3 comments:

The Story of Life said...

Thankfully, someday they will be judged by the way that they lived their life. They will have to answer for ALL the things they did while here on earth.

Emily Andrus said...

Unfortunately, only discrimination, hate, and intolerance for Mormons and their religious beliefs is politically correct. We know who we are and what we stand for. We have love for all of God's children. But we have a responsibility to God to stand up for his teachings.
Emily

Emily Andrus said...

You need to tell your friends that the church gave $0. Individual members gave donations (to both the 'yes' and 'no' campaigns).
-Kevin