Sunday, September 11, 2011

Mr. Ryder














I'm slow getting Ryder's preschool pictures posted but they're still adorable! :) He started Wednesday, September 7th. He was very excited, and I was so excited for him. We went and toured his preschool (which is at a sports plex). Every Wednesday takes swimming lessons as part of the preschool and on Thursdays he takes a gymnastics/tumbling class as part of the preschool.

It was both sweet and heartbreaking for Chase to send him off to preschool. Once we got home from dropping him off, she seemed a little depressed and lonely...and laid down on the couch for a little while quietly (SAD!!). When Ryder got home from school I had to tell him how much Chase missed him. He was thrilled! He did this cute little laugh and gave her a big hug. He told her not to worry.














The second day I was an evil mother! Chase wanted to take her backpack for the ride, so I agreed. In the car, Ryder gave Chase his most prized possession (his blanket) and told her she could hold it while he was gone so she wouldn't be sad (I was beaming).
When we got to the the preschool I told her she could wear her backpack inside like Ryder (Oh, BIG mistake!). We all walked in, and Ryder proceeded to go put his backpack in his cubby. Chase followed him and tried to put her backpack in another kid's cubby. I had to crush this little girl's heart by telling her that she would be going home with me and not staying with Ryder. It was very sad. She bawled, and I had to bribe her by telling her I would take her to the store and get her a treat (Twix solve so many problems).
When Ryder returned from school he was excited to see Chase, and he asked her if she was sad when he was gone. She said, "Yeah." So, I guess they really do love each other after all! I have this as evidence one day when he's being a complete bully older brother!! :)


4 comments:

Emily said...

Dang I miss those kids! They both are looking so grown up. Morgan gets so sad too when she can't go to school with Spencer (but Spencer hates going to school go figure). It's so cute when they love each other. What is Ryder doing in that last pic? Is that his wave or like scouts honor or something?

Heather Davies said...

hahaha Emily, I should have explained that better. He's holding up 4 fingers to show that he is 4 years old! haha boy scout. I sure miss you and your kids! It was nice having awesome people live so close to us.

Derek and Christi said...

Cute story. I let Gwen wear her backpack to Evelyns first day too! Miss you!

The Story of Life said...

Poor little Chasey girl! Well, now you can have a little one on one time with her...so that can be a good thing. Although it is a lot harder to entertain 1. It's nice when they have someone to play with. Good thing the preschool is short and not everyday. Cute pictures!!