Monday, July 12, 2010

I shouldn't brag...but I will anyway! :)

Doesn't it feel great when you set a goal and accomplish it?! I feel so friggin' good right now!!!
For the past few months I have been training to run a 1/2 marathon in Springville. Saturday was the big race day! So, before the race I was talking to Rocky about my goal for the race. I told him that I wanted to run it in under 2 hours. He is a very smart guy, and he told me that it always helps him to imagine accomplishing your goals. So, he had me close my eyes and visualize the race. He took me through the race step by step, and finished with "and you'll even complete the race faster than you thought. You will finish in 1 hour and 45 minutes." I felt a huge weight on my shoulders when he said that! At the time I really wished he wouldn't have said that!
But...I kept that visualization in my mind. I didn't want to set myself up for failure so I made a plan A,B, and C (as suggested by my amazing marathoner sister Lynette). What do ya know--I finished in 1:44:50! :) That's an 8 minute mile, baby! :) Am I sore? OH YEAH! But, do I feel awesome? HECK YES!!
Now, I've gotta go repent for being prideful and bragging! haha













Little Lynette and me after the race. P.S. She finished in 1:34--What a rock star! :)

14 comments:

Tahsha said...

heather, that's amazing!! You are a rock star! Way to go. I could never do that.

Sassy Salsa girl said...

Noting wrong with that kind of pride ;D
That's awesome!!!

Nathan and Sarah said...

That is so awesome! And you dont need to go and repent. Its good to be happy about reaching and exceeding your goals. Way to go Heather!

Derek and Christi said...

Very impressive! Good job!

Mindy said...

that's insane!! Way to go..both of you!! Brag all you want!! :)

The Plum Verbena said...

That IS something to brag about!!! Seriously, you are amazing!! I could never, ever do that!!

Cassie said...

You are amazing! What an awesome time. What was I even thinking waiting for you at the finish line an hour after you had finished? Can I hire you as my training partner for next year?

Julie said...

Holy Cow! You ROCKED that! Good job!!

The Story of Life said...

Impressive little lady! I don't even want to tell you my time that I got when I ran a 1/2. Good job surpassing your goal! You ROCK!

The Robinson's said...

You're a rock star! Can you come help me train after baby?!?

Ashley said...

YOU ROCK GIRL!!! You are my hero. I have a goal to run a 1/2 at some point in my life.

Rachel said...

Great Job! I am a true believer in mentally preparing and visualizing for things like that. It makes a huge difference.

Chelsi said...

oh wow your so awesome my friend wants me to run one with her in october I really don;t know if I could, that is a long way!!

Katrina and Tonio Uriarte said...

That is fantastic. You are so much faster than I am. I ran a 1/2 marathon in April. I finished but it wasn't pretty. You are my hero. You also look fabulous.