Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm sure this has never happened to you...

Side effects of Christmas Shopperitis may include (but aren't limited to) the following:

-Uncontrollable urge to strangle, throttle, or ram the adjacent shopping cart.
-Desire to spout off a tirade of colorful expletives.
-Longing to curl up in the fetal position, allowing shoppers to run over you with their carts.
-Hair loss.
-Feelings of anxiousness, fatigue, nausea, or vomiting.

I'm sure this has NEVER happened to you, and it never happened to me today. :)

6 comments:

Emily Andrus said...

HILARIOUS! I am feelin' ya! Thank heavens I'm all done with the Christmas shopping....just before Ava and Bailey are out of school for 2 weeks. Phew! The only thing worse than having shoporitis is having it with a gaggle of kids in tow.

Shannon said...

Its called amazon.com. Such great medication for that sort of disorder you have, er, didn't have but know someone who does. :)

The Story of Life said...

Uhhhh...a tirade of colorful expletives....YES, in my mind and sometimes quietly under my breath. Good thing no one (in the store) can hear what I am thinking or quietly saying. I guess I am just not a real patient person. I was behind a lady with a cast/boot on her foot the other day. She was slowly hobbling down the isle. In my mind I was saying, "Move it hop along cassidy". Oh, I'm bad!

Derek and Christi said...

I thought I was just losing my hair due to post-pregnancy hair loss. I wish I could get shoperitis, as it is I LOVE TO GO SHOPPING! I hardly ever go shopping because it's too crazy with my kids and naps, so when I do go shopping I don't have kids... and it's like I'm floating on a cloud... ahhh...

Requel said...

That is so funny!! I love it!!

Heather Davies said...

Oh, I forgot to note that I was with my 2 kids. I think that does make symptoms worse.