Sunday, May 10, 2009

False Alarm!

Unfortunately this is not a post about a new baby. On Friday night, I thought it was going to be...it actually started Friday morning. I started having these menstrual-like cramps, and I thought it was kinda weird. I thought they would go away, but all day while I was teaching I felt them. I had to sit down a good majority of the day. Then, after school I started having painful contractions. They weren't really regular so I just thought, "maybe soon." Actually, I kinda started to panic because I haven't finished all my sub plans. So, I later that night I went to the school and was working on getting everything ready just in case. Finally, I decided I should leave the school because the contractions were getting really painful and more regular. When I got home I was finding it hard to walk, and the contractions were regular. So, Rocky took me to the hospital. When, we got there they hooked me up and my contractions were 3-5 min apart. However, I was a dilated to a 1 (same from my Dr.'s apt. on Tuesday) and I wasn't totally effaced--in fact the nurse said it was about the same. I was just sitting there thinking, "Why the heck am I in so much pain if nothing is progressing?!" But, they said that if I changed in an hour that they would keep me. Of course I didn't change!!! Aaaaa! I was so frustrated, but this same thing happened with Ryder, so I wasn't too disappointed.
Anyway, I really haven't tried to push myself further into labor. I accepted medicine that I knew would slow down the contractions. I guess I'm not totally prepared--I still haven't finished my sub plans, and my house could use some more cleaning. So, I guess it's a blessing in disguise? :) Anyway, I'll keep everyone posted.

2 comments:

The Story of Life said...

VERY exciting! The big waiting game!! I can't wait to see what she looks like!!!

Emily said...

Hang in there! The last few days are hard. I saw you guys walk past my house tonight. You really are such a cute prego. You better call me though when I need to fill in for you so I can practice the songs :)
I hope for your sake baby Chase gets here soon. Take care