Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Little Buddy

Ryder has really been cracking me up lately. Forinstance, today in church we were sitting by a family that lives next door to us. They have a little boy close to Ryder's age, and the boy gave him a little monkey and tiger to play with. So Ryder took this little squatting monkey and placed him on the back of the tiger. At first, Rocky and I just thought it was unintentional, until Ryder proceeded to pick up the tiger with the monkey on its back and pretend it was galloping like a horse. But instead of a horse sound, he was making loud growling sounds. I know it may not sound funny, but I was laughing so hard I was crying. It was priceless.

Also, on Friday, Ryder and I were driving in my car and the KT Tunstall song came on (the Black Horse and the Cherry Tree). In a little high pitch voice he sang "woo hoo, woo hoo." It was so adorable and totally unprompted. Then, when it came to the "no, no" part again he sang "no, no" in this sweet little high pitched voice. It was so adorable. I just wanted to turn around and start recording him. But, I was driving and did not have a camera!!

I think Ryder may realize that we have a limited time before a new little member of the family comes along. It seems like any opportunity he gets he wants me to hold him, and he's so cuddly and sweet. He does have his little evil moments, too, but everything he does is an effort to get attention. I'm just trying to pay the closest attention to when he does good things. (If anyone has any tips for reinforcing the good behavior a little more, let me know).

3 comments:

The Story of Life said...

I just love that kid. He was so cute sweeping the floor for you. Maybe he was helpful and sent some of the crumbs under the stove or fridge! That video was very entertaining for me. I was just sitting there laughing. I love the story of him at church with the animals. Why is it that sometimes things are so funny at church and you just want to laugh out loud!! Instead you just laugh so hard until you shake the whole bench.

Sandra said...

Hey Heather, glad you made a comment on my blog so I could find yours. :) That's so funny about Ryder putting the monkey on the tigers back. Luke got some animals for his birthday and he did the very same thing with the tiger and the monkey...although he did pretend it was a horse and made horse noises. That video was cute too. I love it that they love to sweep at this age eh? Congratulations on your girls. Super exciting!

Sandra said...

Oops...I meant girl. You're not having twins right? :)