Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's a Girl!





























I found out on Tuesday that I'm having a girl! I am quite excited and a little bit nervous. Excited to buy all the cute baby clothes and such, but I'm nervous because it's a new experience! I have loved Ryder, and he is such a good little boy. I'm afraid this little one might have some attitude. (I don't know why :)). The day after we found out we went out and I bought her some clothes.
Some of the names we like are: Peyton, Chase, and Reese. I think our favorite is Chase. I know it's usually a boy's name, but we still like it! We also like Piper, but I think it's a little too close to Ryder.
Also, I already bought her baby bedding. Rocky's mom had a business associate give her a hefty gift card to Pottery Barn. So, we used some of it to buy her bedding. The link to it is: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/fd2661/index.cfm?pkey=cgirls%2Dnursery%2Dbedding%7Cb. I even have a little idea of what I want the paint to look like on the wall. It is at: http://featurewalls.ie/children_baby.php (click on pink bugs mural). Rocky is willing to add all the cute details, but my idea is to have a little stream around the room with little flowers, lily pads, frogs, butterflies and such and little castle somewhere on the wall. I don't want it to be too busy, so the pictures would be smaller. We'll see. I would be fine with one plain color, but Rocky thinks it would be fun to have pictures up. I'm sure I would have loved it as a kid.

6 comments:

Tahsha said...

hey, I found your blog!! I'm so excited for you new little girl! It is so fun and addicting to buy girl clothes!

The Story of Life said...

I love the bedding and the wall art. So very cute. I'm sure that Rocky will work his magic! Gotta love those gift certificates.

That is so cool that you are having a girl. You and Curt are a little off-sync with the boy/girl thing.

Girls are so much fun, but definately more emotional.

Unknown said...

HEATHER!!! I found your blog somehow in all the blogging madness! :) Which is ironic cause I just saw your mom at Mini Bazaar not too long ago and we were talking about how I hadn't talked to you in a long while! But I wanted to say "hi" and tell you your little guy is adorable and it is exciting about your little doll coming! And the name "Chase" wow! That would be awesome... I will check out your cute bedding and hope you stay in touch! :) ~Janell Price (Snarr)

Derek and Christi said...

Yo. Just wanted to warn you that I put your blog address on mine. Therefore, now you are famous. I hope you get plenty of fan mail now(comments).

I was thinking that we should exchange gifts next time we see each other. I feel a little werid going to your parents house to collect my gifts. Ya know?

My ultrasound is in 4 weeks. Can you believe they're making me wait until I'm 20 1/2 weeks? Just kidding, now that I'm feeling better I forget that I'm even pregnant.

Longest comment ever... hope you're doing good. Bye

Katie said...

I just found your blog! I didn't even know you had one. A girl, that is so exciting! I like all the names, but I am partial to Reese. The baby bedding is so cute. I am glad you went with the Katie bedding. :) Also, I was thinking that Isaac and your baby girl could have an arranged marriage. On second thought, don't name your daughter Reese. Reese Rees could be a bit much! I hope you are doing well!
Love,
Katie Rees

Curtis & Nichole said...

Like the new cars!! Fun
I don't think I ever emailed/congrats on the girl....you are probably nervous that your little girl will be sassy because you have been around Kumorah......she's a little devil compared to Ryder :) hehe..... well maybe not hearing his latest church animal display! :)

Funny stuff,
Nichole