Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Messages to Heaven

Last Friday would have been my dad's 70th birthday. Before he died he ordered a bridge, and for his birthday we had the bridge installed with a plaque commemorating his life. We had a little ceremony to say a few words about him, and then we all wrote messages which we attached to a balloon. After singing "Happy Birthday" to him, we let the balloons float to heaven. One of my nieces wrote on her message: Grandpa, Happy birthday! I really like your birthday and I hope you like your balloon.




6 comments:

The Story of Life said...

Wish we could have been there to participate. Sounds like it was a special evening.

Tahsha said...

so beautiful. Brought tears to my eyes.

Emily said...

What a beautiful and special thing! That bridge is awesome. Is it in your parent's yard?

Heather Davies said...

Yes, that bridge is so pretty, and it is in my paren'ts yard.

Shannon Dooley said...

How special for your family! And that is a GORGEOUS bridge!

Rachel B said...

oh, that is such an awesome idea! so memorable and special,